The Pain360 scientific organisers, GEMS, and Congress organizers are committed to creating a safe and effective meeting experience.
The safety of our delegates is our main priority. We are doing everything in our capacity to ensure a smooth process, in correspondence to the current health regulations. We are monitoring the COVID-19 requirements and will be updating the information and safety guidelines regularly with alignment to the situation.
The below COVID-19 regulations are relevant in regards to travel to Vienna, Austria, and in line with guidelines provided by the Congress venue.
As travel requirements and restrictions do change on frequent basis, we recommend checking your airline’s website for requirements for entering Vienna (and a connection country, if any) as well as consulting the following sources of information in the weeks leading up to your travel:
COVID-19 regulations valid from 08.11.2021
Due to the new COVID-19 regulations in Austria from 08.11.2021 the Pain360 Congress will run with 2G (proof of vaccination/recovery).
However, the country is offering a 4 week transition period. For this reason, until December 6th, a negative PCR test (valid for 48h after it has been done) in combination with proof of a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine will be sufficient.
What do the new measures mean to Pain360 participants?
Based on the new Covid-19 anti epidemiologic measures in Vienna, proof of vaccination/recovery (2G) or a negative PCR test in combination with first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine is mandatory in several areas including:
- Gastronomy (ie. restaurants, cafes, bars, whether indoor or outdoor, although employees can still use a test option)
- Cinemas and theatres
- Events for over 25 people, whether seated or standing (such as Pain360).
Please note: COVID tests (both PCR and antigen) are no longer valid as “entry tests”. Only a negative PCR test in combination with one dose of a vaccine is accepted.
- The general requirement to wear an FFP2 mask (also known as N95 or KN95 mask) remains mandatory for all customers and visitors of enclosed public spaces as well as in all public transport in Vienna.
Example of FFP2 Mask
Valid entry tests or evidence of low epidemiological risk are:
- Proof of complete immunisation ( 2 doses) with an EMA-approved vaccine against COVID-19 (Biontec/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca) valid for 360 days after the date of the second dose.
- For vaccination requiring only 1 dose (Johnson & Johnson) proof is valid from day 22 and for 270 days after the date of vaccination
- 3rd partial (booster) vaccination – valid for 360 days
- (Until December 6th) A negative PCR test (valid for 48h after it has been done) in combination with proof of the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Proof of recovery with vaccination – 360 days from 1st vaccination if there was a positive PCR test at least 21 days before or neutralising antibodies (by PCR test) could be detected at the time of vaccination
- Proof of recovery by means of medical confirmation (molecular biology confirmed survived infection, not older than 6 months/180 days)
- A certificate of isolation not older than 6 months/180 days)